游客:  注册 | 登录 | 首页
作者:
标题: Obama's Top 12 Veep Choices 上一主题 | 下一主题
悟空

#1  Obama's Top 12 Veep Choices

Sen. Obama is rightfully casting himself as an inevitable winner these days, but after a grueling nomination battle he might need an unconventional running mate to broaden his appeal. Here is a short list for his Veep spot. Do you have other names? I am sure you may discover some other highly qualified candidates if you are thinking out of the box.

Warnning: This list was put together by someone with tongue in cheek. (My own contribution is very modest.) So please relax and read it with the same spirit. Let me make it crystal clear: I have no stomach for dustups, whatever they are. Politicians wrestle for power, fame, or, putting it in politically correct terms, a place in history. What the heck are we dueling for ???

=========================================================

Obama's Top 12 Veep Choices

1. George W. Bush. He will become unemployed next January and will be desperately looking for another job. And after 8 long years in the Oval Office, it is certain he is hungry for "Change". Plus, with Bush riding shot gun, Obama's on-the-job training will be much more effortless.
2. Dick Cheney. You think rural Pennsylvanians are bitter?
3. Bill Richardson. Having served several cabinet level positions under Clinton, this a promotion long overdue.
4. James Carville. You can count on his eternal loyalty.
5. Gavin Newsom. San Francisco Mayor. Kiss the evangelical vote goodbye, but this duo would make Clinton and Gore look like Flat and Scruggs.
6. Jimmy Carter. Why not have the oldest and wisest ex-president on your side?
7. Al Gore. Win the popular vote and the Electoral College.
8. Bruce Springsteen. Blue-collar, Rust Belt Catholics already lining up for Inaugural tickets.
9. Mel Gibson. The Mad Max of Catholicism would leave voters asking Jeremiah who?
10. Tom Cruise: Mr. Scientology would leave voters asking Jeremiah who?
11. Toby Keith. Country music star, Ford truck man and a conservative Democrat who thinks the party needs to man up.
12. Oprah Winfrey. "Big Give" economic plan pays off everyone's mortgage.

2008-5-13 21:47
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

July

Hillary Clinton is trying soooo hard to beat them all because she wants to be the veeeeep of Obama

Go Hillary, go Hillary!

2008-5-13 22:24
博客  资料  信箱 短信   编辑  引用

« 上一主题 综合类 下一主题 »