游客:  注册 | 登录 | 首页
作者:
标题: what happened yesterday? 上一主题 | 下一主题
cleosong

#1  what happened yesterday?

I tried to connect yesterday afternoon, but got the following message. I thought Sun bought MySql :-))

-------------------------------------------
Discuz! info: Can not connect to MySQL server

Time: 2008-1-28 8:39pm
Script: /index.php

Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
Errno.: 2002

Similar error report has beed dispatched to administrator before.

2008-1-29 13:23
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

searain

This might be due to the server was too busy.  yidian is on a shared hosting.  Sometimes, other sites on the same server may have instant heavy usage of the server, and occupy too much resources.  Usually the error like this will not be longer than minute.

2008-1-29 13:55
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

cleosong

Thank you for the explanation Searain. What other sites do you have on the same server I wonder....

2008-1-29 14:43
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

searain

I am not running yidian's server.

I will show you guys what I have on my server maybe after late March before April, when I have my marketing material ready.

As a matter of fact, server is something that I have headache with.  I wish I know Unix like Sunlover does.  Almost every half year, I will have a server problem, mostly hackers attacks etc.  And every 2-3 years, I will have a problem that too serious that I will drop the old ones and update to a new server.

But so far, my last server running for 3.5 years now, still running ...

2008-1-29 15:02
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

cleosong

So you are running your company's web site?

When the main server is down, can you direct the traffic automatically to a backup server? Or better yet, have a server farm...I know how to set up the traffic redirection on a Cisco router, but that's all i now...you and Sunlover are gurus in this field.

Running a web site, creating web pages have become very practical skills these days.

2008-1-29 16:18
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

searain

You can.  But this is only for the crucial site, which cannot afford to have the site down time, such as big company's site, bank's site etc.  You need to keep the servers (web servers, ftp servers, mail servers) and databases on both servers mirror copy each other etc. Much more complicated.

Most sites are not even on its own dedicated server, they are on shared hosting server, so it will not have self redirect set up.  

Most of them will have daily database back up, and maybe daily/weekly whole server back up.

2008-1-29 16:31
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

cleosong

You guys should go apply for jobs at google. They have free lunch everyday, and you have 3 cafeterias to choose from :-)

2008-1-29 16:36
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

« 上一主题 侃山闲聊 下一主题 »