游客:  注册 | 登录 | 首页
作者:
标题: 徐英才:【英译唐宋八大家散文精选】 上一主题 | 下一主题
Xiaoman

#1  散文英译系列:双生日,斯人獨憔悴+貓頭鷹詩

斯人獨憔悴

謝振煜

又有人對我的鬍子提出異議:「我看你的外型要改變一下。我覺得你留了鬍子看起來有點憔悴,如果把鬍子刮掉,這樣別人可能對你的看法不一樣。」異議人士是女性,女為悅己者容,她也要我為取悅我的人去整容了。憔悴,我七八十歲老東西了,已經油盡燈殘了,還想什麼人家看好?憔悴,詩聖杜甫「冠蓋滿京華,斯人獨憔悴」我有他的憔悴名流千古也很不錯呀!

民一〇三·一二·一七 堤岸

"謝振煜民廿五年出生於越南芽莊。芽莊華僑公立中華學校、台灣中國新聞學校畢業,創辦馮興印刷廠,歷任越南電臺評論選稿人、亞洲日報新聞編輯、文藝社社長、越南經濟新聞翻譯主任等職,著作有翻譯寓言「兩個女兒」、新詩「獻給我的愛人」、評論「傘•古怪•現代詩」、翻譯小說「遲來的禮物」、「越中中越翻譯實例」、「越南婦女文化歷史遺跡名勝」等十九種。"

http://www.shyun-sheng.com/author.php?id=156

使君才气卷波澜。与把好诗再译
2015-12-18 10:25
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

雙生日
謝振煜
「玫瑰說今年太陽生日去櫻桃吃飯。」一星期前妻對我說:「玫瑰說十幾年沒有上過館子吃飯,好想趁太陽生日去吃一頓越南餐!」
「好啊!」我立刻應和:「我們好好地吃他一頓!」
今早四點我便起床,匆匆洗臉,匆匆趕去車站,匆匆搭四點半開的頭班車回隆安。五點半我敲著門:
「賽清,開門。」
「阿爹來了!」
嬌嫰的清脆的聲音,是美鳳。平日她睡到七點才醒,但是星期日,幾乎是每次我一敲門就聽到她高高興興的應門聲了。而每次我都買些吃的東西回來,比如牛角包啦,加耶角啦什麼的。美鳳可不饞嘴,她寧願要玩的。賽葉從澳洲帶來的塑膠火車頭,她玩得很高興。還有一個大洋囡囡,她抱她、哄她,彷彿一個小媽媽也似的跟她玩。
傍晚坐在櫻桃席上,玫瑰給她刻意地打扮過,臉上擦著胭脂口紅,頭上別著一個大蝴蝶,身上穿上她很喜歡的白裙子,肩上還掛著一個紅色的小皮包,儼然一位貴賓。妻出來開門,美鳳躺在床上伸懶腰,三歲的小女兒跟在祖母身邊,一舉一動都學得維肖維妙。我過去摟她,她微笑,帶著羞態。
太陽點菜。他倒熟悉菜式,因為跟朋友吃過幾次,他點了四份炸牛肉和一個黃鱔火鍋。我倆老、女兒玫瑰和她新婚的成才、兒子太陽和孫女美鳳坐在一張圓桌旁,玫瑰特地坐在美鳳的旁邊│美鳳一向把她這個姑媽叫作媽媽,而玫瑰也把這個如同己出的侄女起了一個親暱的名字:波波。美鳳也就成為了這頓生日飯的中心人物,她坐著高椅子,拿著碗筷,一口口慢慢地吃著。
「波波怎麼筷子拿得這麼純熟?」
成才望著她那個悠然自得的樣子,低聲對玫瑰說。就因為她才三歲,這個年紀,很多小孩子連自己用羮匙也用不好。成才還說,她怎麼可以跟祖母說話好長的句子一口氣說下去?
我望著美鳳,突然悲從衷來。坐在她身旁的,應該是她父親小鋼與母親秋草,可是那兩個她至親的人今晚都不在。秋草因為婚姻不愉快沒跟她生活,小鋼則離開人世│在她才兩個半月大的年紀就對這個小女兒一瞑不視,永遠離開人世了!
中午在家裡先吃了一頓豐富的午餐。飯前美鳳跟在妻、玫瑰身旁忙著,她們做什麼,她學著做什麼。妻常說:
「這個小孫兒真刁,樣樣事學著做。」
上菜了,玫瑰說:
「起來,到飯廳去吃叔叔的生日飯。」
「吃爸爸的生日飯。」
美鳳立刻更正。
她爸爸的生日飯,小鋼的生日飯!早上妻殺了一隻雞,拜祭小鋼。因為二月二十八日也是小鋼的生日,而現在,二月二十八日卻是他的冥誕│玫瑰燒了香,叫美鳳:
「快跪下,拜爸爸,今天是爸爸的生日。」
小女兒接過香,「撲」的一聲跪在地板上,雙手合十,夾著香,抬頭望著小鋼的靈位,一口氣說:
「爸爸保佑波波快高長大,讀書賺錢,養阿爺老、養阿嬤老,養阿叔老!」
從前,我曾經為小鋼和太陽這個「同日生」的雙生日而深感快慰,二十幾年來都一同慶祝生日,二十幾年來,我、妻、小鋼、玫瑰和太陽都在幸福中,在痛苦中相依為命,而今,我希望之所寄的小鋼卻人天殊途了!
小鋼去世後,我萬念俱灰,而且真真正正地感到厭世。然而我不能不活下去,堅強地活下去,用對他的愛去愛他的女兒!
小鋼去世後,我知道我一定無法高高興興地跟太陽慶祝生日。我心裡在想,二月二十八日是國曆,以後太陽改為晨曆慶祝,免得重合吧!可是命運之神還是不把我放過:第一年,小鋼去世後的第一年,小鋼、太陽的國曆、晨曆更是雙重同一個日子的「雙生日」,因為晨、國曆每十九年還原一次,今年太陽十九歲!
玫瑰夾一塊黃鱔放在美鳳的碗裡,小女兒向她微笑,一面伸手去抓那塊黃鱔,她似乎有自知之明,這塊黃鱔非「動手」不可,太陽也望著她微笑,她吃得好滋味。我又悲從衷來:
「她爸爸:::」
民八二.二.二八隆安

Double Birthday

“Rose said that we should go to eat at Cherry's Restaurant this year to celebrate Sun's birthday ."  My wife said to me a week before,  " Rose said that we haven't eaten out in more than 10 years, so she really wanted to have Vietnamese food on Taiyang's birthday!"
"Great!" I said immediately, "We should pig out for sure!"
So I got up at four o'clock this morning.  I washed my face in a hurry, rushed to the bus stop, and caught the bus heading toward Longan at four thirty.  I knocked on Rose's door at five thirty,
"Sai Qing(Rose), open the door."
"Grandpa is here!"   
I heard a soft and crisp voice. That was  MeiFeng.  Usually she slept in till seven o'clock in the morning,  but on Sundays,  almost every time when I knocked on the door I heard that cheerful voice answering the door.  Each time when I went to see her,  I bought her some treats, such as cow horn breads,  coconut breads, and so on. MeiFeng was not a greedy piglet, she'd rather have toys instead. From Australia, Sai Ye once brought her a locomotive made of plastic, and she enjoyed it very much.  Sai Ye brought her a big doll as well, so she hugged it and coaxed it, as if she was a little mother playing with her baby.

Rose deliberately dressed MeiFeng up before we went to Cherry's  Restaurant.  She put makeup on her face, applied rouge on her lips,  and clipped her hair with a large butterfly shaped clip, and attired her in her favorite white dress. And now carrying a small red handbag on her shoulder just made her look like a distinguished guest.  The one who opened the door was my wife. I saw MeiFeng  stretching  in the bed and then walked toward the door, following her grandmother. At her grandmother's side,  this little girl vividly mimicked her grandmother's behavior in any way she could.I stepped forward to hug her. She flushed with smiles.   

At Cherry's Restaurant, Taiyang was the one who ordered the food.  He was rather familiar with dishes on the menu as he had been there for several times with friends. He ordered four deep-fried beef cutlets and an eel-pot. My wife and I, my daughter Rose and her newly married husband Chengcai, my son Taiyang and my granddaughter  Meifeng, all sat at a round table. Rose sat next to Meifeng who had always called her aunt Rose mother, and Rose gave her niece who she had treated as her own daughter an intimate nickname: Popo. Meifeng now had become the central figure of the party. She sat on the high chair, grabbing her bowl and chopsticks as if she was a grown-up, and slowly she ate.

"How come Popo can handle chopsticks that skillfully?"
Looking at her laid-back and natural looks,  Chengcai asked Rose in a low voice. Because by three years of age, many children still can't use a spoon easily Chengcai also amazed by the way  she talked. He wondered  how she could talk with her grandmother with such long sentences in one breath.

I looked at Meifeng and all of a sudden, a great sadness filled me. Sitting next to her, at that moment, should be her parents Xiaogang and Qiucao, but neither her father nor mother was around.  Qiucao didn't live with her due to her unhappy marriage. Xiaogang died when she was only two and a half months old, leaving her alone, no longer  giving her a second glance. He left the world forever!

That day, we had already had  a good  lunch at noon time at home before going to Cherry's. Before the meal Meifeng was busy at my wife and Rose's side----she learned to do whatever they were doing.   
        My wife often says,
        "This little granddaughter is so cute and clever, she learns to do everything. "
        When our dishes were ready on the table, Rose said,
        "Get up Popo, let's go to the dining room to have your uncle's birthday meal."
        "To have my daddy's birthday meal."  
        Meifeng corrected her Aunt Rose right away.
        Her Dad's birthday dinner, Xiaogang's birthday dinner!  In that morning, my wife butchered  a chicken  to worship Xiaogang, because  it's February 28th, his birthday, and now it was also his anniversary. Rose burned some incense sticks, she then called Meifeng,  

"Popo, Kneel down, quick, and worship to your dad. It is your dad's birthday today. "
The little girl took the incense sticks and flopped down on the floor on her knees, clasping her hands together and held the incense sticks. While looking up at Xiaogang's spirit tablet, she said,  
"Dad please bless Popo to grow up fast, going to school and making money to support my grandpa, my grandma and my uncle!"  All in one breath.

Before, I felt pleasure  that both  Xiaogang and Taiyang have the same birthday.  We had been celebrating their birthdays on the same day for more than twenty years,  my wife and I, Xiaogang, Rose and Taiyang,  we all had enjoyed  the happy hours  and  had gone through all the hard times, we  never separated from each other. But today, Xiaogang, my hope,  had left me!  He left me alone in pain!

After the death of Xiaogang, I felt so hopeless and hated my life, indeed.  But I have to move on, I have to be strong,  and I have to give his daughter my love  as much as I'd given to him!"
        After the death of Xiaogang,  I knew that I could never celebrate Taiyang's birthday in a  happy mood, just like before.  I thought that February 28th was on the western calendar, so we could change Taiyang's birthday to the lunar calendar, so as to avoid this very date for the celebration. But the Goddess of Destiny decided to give me the hard time:  in the first year,  the very first year after the death of Xiaogang,  Xiaogang's birthday on the western calendar and Taiyang's birthday on the lunar calendar happened to fall on the same day!  Because  February 28th on both lunar and western calendars will fall on the exact same day every nineteen years, and Taiyang was nineteen years old this year!

Rose clipped  a piece of eel and put it into Meifeng's bowl and the little girl smiled, and as she reached her hands to grab  that piece of eel, she seemed to know her limitations that she had to "Do it herself ".  Taiyang looked at her with a smile.  She enjoyed what she had very much, but then the sadness filled me up again,
        "Her father..."

In Longan, February 28th, 1993

翻译:刘小曼

2015-12-18 10:34
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

#3  徐英才:【英译唐宋八大家散文精选】

我刚刚学习完【英译唐宋八大家散文精选】其中的一篇,柳宗元写的【黔之驴】,翻译:徐英才先生。出版社: 外教社中国文化汉外对照丛书。

我的学习过程是这样:先读几遍英译,理解透全文。然后学习原文底下的注解, 那些注解详细解释了为什么这样译, 而不那样译。 这些解释资料对我很有帮助。 徐老师的英语很好,出国前他是复旦大学英语系的老师, 像我这样在国内应该是考不上大学的,不敢想象自己能上复旦大学。 我还打算录音,可是现在很晚了我就放弃了录音,有几个中文我需要查字典才能确定读音。 英译最后一句很好的句型,我要背下来: had it not revealed all of its capabilities, hesitation and fear would have kept the fierce tiger rom risking an attack. But such was the donkey's fate. Alas!

徐英才老师的著作《英译唐宋八大家散文精选》和《英译中国经典散文选》是在中国国家主席习近平先生今年访美期间赠送给美国林肯中学图书馆的外教教材,也是国内某名校的古典文学翻译研究生入学考试指定读物。这两本书是我经常翻阅,学习的美文翻译。 不过我很笨,学习不够认真,还得继续努力。 除了以上两本著作,徐老师的 【英译中国当代美文选(汉英对照)】是我计划要读的:http://nxtmarket.info/item/520814806971  

【英译中国经典散文选(汉英对照)】链接:http://nxtmarket.info/item/520814806971   http://www.amazon.cn/%E5%9B%BE%E4%B9%A6/dp/B00MTI5CKO

【英译唐宋八大家散文精选(汉英对照)】链接: http://www.amazon.cn/%E8%8B%B1%E8%AF%91%E5%94%90%E5%AE%8B%E5%85%AB%E5%A4%A7%E5%AE%B6%E6%95%A3%E6%96%87%E7%B2%BE%E9%80%89/dp/B0060RVC2M

以下是转贴:

习主席向美国林肯中学赠送外教社版图书

http://www.sflep.com/press-center/…/1187-2015-09-25-02-56-46

http://www.sinobook.com.cn/press/newsdetail.cfm?iCntno=22355

« 关闭 | 发布于:2015-09-25

据报道,北京时间24日上午(当地时间23日下午),国家主席习近平携夫人彭丽媛来到位于美国塔科马市的林肯中学访问。

习主席向林肯中学赠送了乒乓球桌、球拍、乒乓球等体育器材和《红楼梦》等中国传统文化图书。上海外语教育出版社出版的《红楼梦(汉英对照)》(五卷本)、《英译唐诗选》、《英译宋词集萃》、《英译唐宋八大家散文精选》、《英译屈原诗选》、《英译老子》、《英译易经》、《英译中国文化寓言故事》、《英译中国现代散文选》、《英译中国经典散文选》赫列其中。

近年来,外教社响应国家“中国文化走出去”战略,着力打造了一批文化传承和传播价值厚重的汉外对照中国文化出版物。此次作为国礼赠送的《红楼梦(汉英对照)》(五卷本)是中国古典小说的巅峰,是霍克思和闵福德两代汉学家历时四十余年完成的英译本是翻译的至臻精品。“外教社中国文化汉外对照丛书”目前已出版30余种,从诗经楚辞、唐诗宋词到中国当代短篇小说和散文,译文从英语到德语、西班牙语,成为向世界介绍中国文化的重要窗口。

附:外教社中国名著汉外对照文库简介

SFLEP Bilingual Collection of Chinese Classical Literature是大部头、高规格、精装帧的中国古典名著精装版,从英美国家引进权威英译本以汉英对照形式在国内首次出版,目前已有《水浒传》《红楼梦》《西游记》三种。

红楼梦(汉英对照)The Story of the Stone

本书为120回汉英对照版《红楼梦》,中文作者为我国著名的文学巨匠曹雪芹和高鹗,英译译者为著名汉学家、牛津大学教授大卫•霍克斯(翻译了前80回)及澳洲国立大学教授闵福德(翻译了后40回)。

《红楼梦》是中国古代四大名著之一,具有高度的思想性和艺术性,在我国古代民俗、封建制度、社会图景等各领域都有着有不可替代的研究价值,达到我国古典小说的高峰。该书的英译文为英语世界第一部全本120回的《红楼梦》,在英语世界拥有独一无二的经典地位,在文学翻译史上具有典范的意义,并在海外传播中国文化方面起到了非常重要的作用。

专家评介

曹雪芹创作的《红楼梦》是中国古典小说的巅峰,霍克思和闵福德两代汉学家历时四十余年完成的英译本是翻译的至臻精品。外教社以精美的版面呈现给读者的绝代双璧,有译者最新的修订和专门撰写的前言,是英语学习和研究者必备的案头书目。 ——苏州大学 汪榕培教授

曹氏饮恨绝笔西山,辛酸痴泪谁解奥妙。

红楼梦曲四海传扬,汉英最新双语对照。

多方参照底本还原,一言九鼎权威审校。

中华文学经典重塑,系列精品再创新高。

——南开大学 王宏印教授

“外教社中国文化汉外对照丛书”简介

“外教社中国文化汉外对照丛书”是一套着力向海内外推介博大精深中国文化的开放式丛书,也是上海外语教育出版社的文化精品工程。具有五千多年历史的中国文化,兼容并蓄、海纳百川,古往今来的历史典籍、文学作品浩如烟海、汗牛充栋。如何才能在其中有选择地选取内容介绍给全世界读者呢?这一丛书力图去芜存菁,采撷出高层次、高品位,最能代表原作者独特风采和不朽魅力的精品力作,在此基础上进行译介。在这一原则指导下,丛书涵盖了从先秦诸子、唐诗宋词元曲到现当代小说散文的多种文学形式,使海内外读者能零距离感受中国文化的魅力,接受中国文化的熏陶。

凭借外教社强大的作者资源,“外教社中国文化汉外对照丛书”请来了一批在专业领域有所建树、在学术界享有盛名的英语专家担任翻译,其中包括:

著名英语教育家、词汇学家、典籍英译专家汪榕培教授,现任大连大学特聘教授,兼任苏州大学、大连理工大学等校博士生导师。在中国古典文学英译和中西文化比较等方面,汪榕培教授取得了突破性的进展,先后完成了《易经》、《诗经》、《老子》、《庄子》、《墨子》、《汉魏六朝诗三百首》、《陶渊明集》、《牡丹亭》、《昆曲精华》等典籍的英译,并领衔翻译了中国古典戏剧巨著《汤显祖戏剧全集》。

著名文学翻译家、莎士比亚研究专家、“新月社”诗人孙大雨教授,历任武汉大学、北京师范大学、北京大学、浙江大学、暨南大学外文系教授。孙大雨教授是一位诗歌和翻译方面的实践者兼学者,除了翻译《奥赛罗》、《麦克白斯》等八种莎士比亚戏剧外,还有《英译屈原诗选》和《英译唐诗选》出版。

著名翻译家、英语教育家张培基教授,曾在解放军外国语学院、对外经济贸易大学任教,被许多高校选定为英语专业翻译课教材的《英汉翻译教程》就是由张培基教授主编的。他选译的《英译中国现代散文选》系列,不但为中国学者进一步研究翻译理论与技巧提供了丰富的实例文章,而且为外国学者研究中国五四以来知识分子的思想发展提供了大量的素材。

著名典籍英译专家、翻译理论研究专家王宏印教授,南开大学外国语学院教授、博士生导师。王宏印教授从中国传统文学、美学、文章学、文艺学、语言学等角度阐明了中国传统译论,认为中国的传统译论是中国翻译学建设的基石,对我国的翻译理论建设做出了很大的贡献。

这些德高望重的专家学者倾情加盟,保证了本套丛书的译文质量和权威性,提升了本套丛书的传承价值。经过多年积累,截至2015年6月,本丛书已拥有英译本25种、德译本3种和西班牙语译本1种,以后还将逐步推出法译本和其他语言译本。上海外语教育出版社正在积极组织力量,争取为本套丛书输出版权,将中国文化传播到世界各国。本套丛书包括:

英译中国现代散文选1

英译中国现代散文选2

英译中国现代散文选3

英译中国现代散文选4

英译中国当代美文选

英译中国经典散文选

英译赵丽宏散文精选

英译当代中国短篇小说精选

英译中国小小说选集1

英译中国小小说选集2

英译唐宋八大家散文精选

英译徐霞客游记

英译南柯记

英译紫箫记

英译屈原诗选

英译诗经国风

英译乐府诗精华

英译唐诗选

英译宋词精粹

英译元曲百首

英译易经

英译老子

英译墨经

英译三字经千字文

英译中国文化寓言故事

德译中国古代短文选

德译中国成语故事

西译宋代诗词三百首

习主席向美国林肯中学赠送外教社版图书

上海外语教育出版社网站

sflep.com|By 方颖芝

使君才气卷波澜。与把好诗再译
2015-12-18 22:58
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

第 1 幅
注解

2015-12-18 23:19
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

六国论

笔记: 翻译时,特别是翻译文艺作品时,既要考虑用词的准确性,还要考虑用词的Connotation,以引起丰富的联想,在需要表达多个同一概念时,还要注意用词的变化,以避免重复而显得单调。 P116

吾恐秦人食之不得下咽也--I am afraid that  Qin may not have been able to swallow what it was trying to chew. 很好!

英语翻译读起来流畅易懂,好文!

和一段我读的【过秦论】
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVh-AXshtD0

(这条线的内容,转载请注明出处)

2015-12-19 10:53
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

謝振煜

20 hrs

一九(評論集)烏鴉與烏、鴉
新華辭典載:「天下烏鴉一般黑:比喻任何地方的壞人都是同樣的壞。」辭彙辭典載:「愛屋及烏:比喻愛甲而推及愛乙的意思。」辭彙辭典也載:「鴉雀無聲:比喻極靜。」
這樣說來,「烏鴉」是單稱的「烏」,也是「鴉」嗎?好像不是,因為辭海辭典載:「烏鴉:Corvus macrorhynchus動物名,鳥類,鳴禽類,亦單稱烏,體長一尺七八寸,嘴強直而大,色黑,體上面黑色,翼之基部暗色,腳較細,色亦黑,趾有鉤爪,多群棲近村樹林中,食穀物、果實、昆蟲等。初夏以枝葉營巢樹上而產卵,巢極陋劣。」辭海辭典也載:「烏:鳥名,亦名烏鴉。」
准此,「烏鴉」單稱「烏」。
辭海辭典又載:「烏:動物名,corvus corone interpositas,屬鳥類,鳴禽類,為烏鴉之近似類,體形稍瘦小,嘴狹小,色黑而彎曲,眼睛 色,背灰色,翼長約尺餘,有紫綠光,腳黑,食蟲類及穀類,漿果等。」
准此,「鴉」是「鴉」,不是「烏鴉」。
「烏」、「鴉」也表黑色。
辭海辭典載:「黑色曰烏,如烏木、烏豆、烏金等。」
辭海辭典也載:「黑色多曰鴉,如鴉髻、鴉鬟。」
「烏」與「鴉」的黑色好像也不一樣,因為辭海辭典載:「烏鴉體上黑色,翼之基部暗色。」「鴉背灰色,翼長有紫綠光。」
准此,「烏」是黑色,暗色;「鴉是灰色,有紫綠光。」
Corvine
Crow
牛津英漢辭典載:「Corvidae (corvine birds, crows)烏鴉科(烏鴉)」。梁實秋遠東英漢大辭典載:「Corvine烏鴉」;又載:「Crow烏鴉」。兩辭典均語焉不詳,爲什麽「烏鴉」英文有兩個名稱,是通稱,還是有別?
烏鴉與烏、鴉究竟是怎麼的鳥類?烏與鴉又是怎麼的黑色?快弄明白,不要做烏合之眾!不過說清楚,寫文章倒不必正正確確,「嫦娥應悔偷靈藥」哪來的嫦娥?「輕舟已過萬重山」,水翼船也做不到,「一年三百六十日,日日醉如泥」,李白的算術只是幼稚園。
附:烏鴉與貓頭鷹詩
李宗吾的著名奇書「厚黑學」「戰天主教」載:
我大清早起,
站在人家屋角上啞啞的啼,
人家討厭我,
說我不吉利,
我不能呢呢喃喃的討人家歡喜。
——胡適「烏鴉」
這首詩,是幾乎三十年前(注:民初)作者自行編入「嘗試集」的。在當時,胡博士顯然是借這不討人歡喜的「烏鴉」以自喻;時至今日,這首詩的人與其留以自喻,倒不如移贈於市井小人,他都毫無容赦的去揭穿他們的臉皮,洞照他們的心跡,使人世間魑魅魍魎,一齊現形。他如此這般的啞啞而啼,越把人叫的冒火,叫的心焦,所以說,他才是真正的一隻烏鴉!我現在還想送他這樣的一首詩:
咕咕喵,
咕咕喵,
哈哈哈哈……
哈哈哈哈……
要問這又是什麽詩?這就是「貓頭鷹詩」。「咕咕喵」,是貓頭鷹在叫,「哈哈哈哈……」是貓頭鷹在笑。我們故鄉人說:「貓頭鷹不叫,就怕貓頭鷹笑!」傳說:貓頭鷹叫,固然是不吉利,卻還沒什麽,貓頭鷹笑,就非死人不可,還是預示著極大的凶兆,黑主一生的冷笑,每每使人毛骨悚然恐懼不安,好像聽見貓頭鷹的叫與笑一樣,所以說,他不僅是一隻烏鴉,更是一隻貓頭鷹!
民一〇〇•二•六堤岸

2015-12-19 18:05
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

美国华文作家吳懷楚简介

http://banjuan.org/hw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3078

吳懷楚,本名吳振平
●祖籍中國廣西省靈山縣
●幼時隨父母南撤至西貢 (胡志明市)
●1958年啟蒙入學,最後結業於“穗城公立小學第一分校”
●中學開始積極執筆從事文藝創作,作品散見於堤岸各大華文報章
●1974年與詩人心弦、莊威等文友創辦“藝海文社”並任社長
●1980年抵美國定居至今
●1995年出版第一部個人散文集《此情可待成追憶》
●是年榮獲臺灣僑聯文教基金會之“華文著述獎”
●1996年至1999年相繼出版《夢回堤城》(散文)、《我欲挽春留不住》(詩集)《寒鴉集》(雜文)
●1995年~2002年共獲“華文著述獎”兩度散文獎、一度詩歌獎、三度小說獎及美國舊金山“國事論述”徵文散文佳作獎
●現為“北美洛杉磯華文作家協會”、“世界華文文學家協會”永久會員

2015-12-20 10:48
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

借学习路老师著作的机会,链接一下我最近的习作:http://www.writingforums.com/threads/161142-The-Faults-of-Qin-(A-Translation-work)

著名诗人,作家吳懷楚先生的几首诗词,我试翻译:http://www.writingforums.com/threads/159278-A-Twig-of-Plum-Blossom-By-Wu-Huaichu

改天有时间我再仔细学习剩余的篇章。谢谢!have a good fightday!  

佳节愉快!

2015-12-21 10:51
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

徐老师的翻译追求,在《英译中国经典散文选》序 里提到:这些追求就是:准确,传神,浑然。 读徐老师翻译的书,我习惯先读英语译文,译文流畅,优美这些特质是吸引我去读中文版的原因,然后学习他的翻译风格。

本书从中国近现代散文的浩瀚星空里采撷了三十多颗璀璨的明星缀集在这里。这些散文,可谓篇篇经典,它们包括了语言朴实、笔调清新的许地山的《春的林野》;文辞活泼,形象生动的老舍的《 母鸡》;行笔如画、色彩斑斓的朱湘的《江行的晨暮》;藻思优美、充满遐想的朱自清的《荷塘月色》,还有诗情洋溢、画意盎然的徐志摩的《翡冷翠山居闲话》与何其芳的《雨前》;充满象征、深含寓意的鲁迅的《秋夜》与郭沫若的《路畔的蔷薇》;托物言志、畅抒情怀的矛盾的《白杨礼赞》与朱国良的《感悟春天》; 以及文人雅趣、浪漫天成的郁达夫的《故都的秋》与《江南的冬景》等等。阅读这些作品是一种享受,一种提高,一种升华。

然而,经典必须精译才能尽显其精髓!在英译这些作品时,我不仅努力把原文所包含的意思、意图、话外音等尽量准确地、充分地用译文表达出来;还努力把原文所载有的形象、意境、感染力、韵味等尽量贴切地、饱满地境化到译文里去;此外,我还努力使译文本身的遣词造句,行文断点,句章衔接,节奏格调等等尽量浑然一体。这些是我在翻译这些作品时的不懈追求。这些追求,或者说这些准则,简而言之就是:准确,传神,浑然。

所谓准确,并非仅指对原文含义层面的如实表达,它还包括更为广阔的范畴,比如对原文词汇的分量、色彩、内涵等的对应,对原文句子的主次、口气、节奏等的呼应,等等。所谓传神,并非是说所有原文都必定文采斐然,译文也必须把这种斐然的文采翻译出来;而是说,原文都具有组成它自身的那种或者那些特质,有的也许遣词优美,有的也许造句铿锵,有的也许行文歪扭,有的也许属于烂文一篇,但不论它属于哪一种,或者综合了哪几种,译者都应该尽量把原文的那种或者那些特质境化到译文里去。这就是说,译文一方面会自然地显示出译者自己的翻译风格,同时也应该体现出原文的个性。而所谓浑然,则是指包括译入语在内的所有语言都具有自己的遣词方法、行文特点、结章规律、节奏韵律等等,译文必须符合它们的运作,自成一个有机体。

然而,通往准确、传神、浑然这三个准则的道路上常常潜伏着矛盾,稍有不慎就会顾此失彼,每遇此况,我的解决法宝就是中国传统哲学的精髓--中庸之道,也就是说,用辩证的方法,以准确为主,以传神和浑然为辅,去找出这三个追求之间最接近原文的平衡点。

当然,由于时间和能力所限,不足之处在所难免,敬请原谅!

徐英才

2015-12-21 22:53
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

徐老师,你讲课解释非常棒, 你在论坛给同学们解释难点,我们非常感谢你,爱戴你。你指正我的翻译,解释难点,我非常感谢你。 而且你获得你学校同学们的很多好评。   你是受学生爱戴的优秀老师。 别理那些挑衅的语言,人在路途最重要是开心快乐。  

同学们在Ratemyprofessor 上对你有很多好评

1) Xu laoshi is perhaps THE best professor at DePaul University. We love him! Anyone who says anything bad about him is an ignorant, insidious, repugnant, nefarious, contempuous moron and we will tar and feather you in a public square!  

我翻译一下: 徐老師也許是DePaul 大學最棒的教授。 我們愛他! 如果有人說他的坏话,那人就是無知的,陰險的,讨厌的,邪惡的,目中无人的白癡,我们将会在他身上涂上瀝青,蓋上羽毛,让他在公共广场示众!   (我只是翻译)

(这位同学铁杆粉丝团的)

2)Great teacher! The class is not the easiest, but he makes things a lot better than I expected. Really couldn't ask for much more, he helps however he can, and is very nice and understanding.

非常棒的老师!这科不是最容易的,但他做得比我预想的好得多。真的不能再要求更多了,他尽力的帮助我们学习,他心地非常善良又善解人意。

3)How can you not love this man? Chn is a hard language to pick up, so you're not going to able to sleep thru this class, but he explains it extremely well. Just study and put some effort into it, and you'll do fine. Not too hard to get an A grade. Great guy!
你怎么能不爱他呢,中文是最难学的语言,这样你在课堂根本不可能打瞌睡,但他解释得绝对一流一级棒。好好努力学习吧,你会出成绩的。拿A不是很难。 好人一个!
。。。

(你的英语和人品都一级棒,一流水准。 你的著作翻译就是好,是我的翻译指导书。)

2015-12-22 10:02
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

fanghuzhai

好学精神,令老夫汗颜

2015-12-22 13:51
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

重寫歷史

謝振煜
「我是您當年文藝寫作實驗班的學生,今年60歲了。」黃銀花很尋常的一句話,卻有很不尋常的意義。
不尋常,兩人同在一個城市,居然四十年不見,如果不是經歷了浩刦;不尋常,那個已經成長,在社會有了一定地位的人,還肯叫另一個人老師。
聖經騙人:「學生不能高過先生」。黃銀花的「只因有愛溢心房,點亮心燈照四方。善念慈心集世宙,人間何處不芬芳。」學生這麼好的詩,就遠遠高過先生了。
四十年不見,我能不立刻要見她嗎?我立刻約黃銀花來我家見面,也約徐永華初見。來我家,星期天上午八點,早餐招待。沒想到老闆級的徐永華宗親會聚會,不能赴約。幾天過去,我再約他們,多希望是一個美麗星期天。他們來了,我那首歡迎的「Beautiful Sunday」躺在光碟機裏播不出來,斷電。
徐永華來過幾次,黃銀花一定不能想象學生不能高過先生的先生住在陋巷,黑暗的陋巷黑暗中,斷電並不加深本來的黑暗。我穿過黑暗走出巷口接她;她穿過黑暗走人巷內,踏上破爛的石階,走進小房間。小房間,四公尺丁方,她一定愰然大悟「到處碰壁」成語的典故是出自我的寸匕樓。寸匕樓,那寸匕首要刺殺誰?除了…….
斷電,早餐招待落空。
「上新樂園吧!」
徐永華脫口說國語。原來他是新樂園熟客,每個星期六上午都訂座見客:
「那張桌子。」
到了新樂園找到座位,安座,他指着一個角落:
「我們都在那裏聚會。」
他說,經常見面感情會維持得很好。
徐永華老闆級,我說士農工商現在變了商工農士,他又士又商,從前現在,都包頭包尾了。他笑得怡然。
黃銀花與我一見如故,是老相識,與徐永華一見如故,是同學的感情。人與人之間,兄弟姐妹最好,然後同學、同事、朋友。四十年的同窗之誼,兩人為文藝寫作實驗班下了駐腳。
寫作,黃銀花告訴徐永華她在360圖書館有很多作品,我叫徐永華看看人家,想想自己,這個筆壘名重一時的早期作家不能後人。
徐永華享福了,兒女都接了他的棒;黃銀花享福了,兒女都接了她的棒。四十年,這個歷史的接力賽,新樂園的精美點心讓三個寫作的人品嚐文學一般的美味。
新樂園劉老闆過來招呼。西貢解放日報特寫曹信夫三個學生商界的劉老闆、文學界的謝振煜、新聞界的李偉賢,難怪劉老闆很友愛,不管商工農士他是頭我是尾。
吃吃、喝喝、談談,當滿廳的食客逐漸疏落的時候:
「下午我去游泳。」
黃銀花爭着付賬,二十幾萬元,文藝寫作實驗班重寫歷史的第一個代價。
民 一〇三•一二•二八 堤岸
(本圖文版權所有不得轉載)

2015-12-30 07:14
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

引用:
Originally posted by fanghuzhai at 2015-12-22 13:51:
好学精神,令老夫汗颜

谢谢方教授。学而不会,我人笨。多谢不吝赐教!

使君才气卷波澜。与把好诗再译
2015-12-30 17:11
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

2015-12-30 21:06
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

春節,想婆廟   作者:谢振煜 (越南)     翻译:刘 小曼 (加拿大)
原文链接:http://www.shyun-sheng.com/articles.php?t=&a=156&id=11748

春節,想婆廟。
婆廟在越南中部芽莊郊外的山丘上,是越南少數民族占婆族到幾千年後的今天建築突飛猛進也不能揭開那幾座紅泥磚不敷泥灰蓋得高高大大、莊莊嚴嚴的建築技術之謎。
我父母從唐山來安南在芽莊一位叔父的店子打工,那店子英和堂的三個門面兩層大建築到今天還是芽莊的地標。後來父親開了一爿雜貨店全心來造世、和氣自生財的全和號,六十年代不懂全和的就不是芽莊人。
The Spring Festival And Those Nostalgic Champa Temples

During the Spring Festival, I really miss those Champa Temples back home.

Those Champa temples were built on the hills in the outskirts of  Nha Trang, Vietnam.  With today's  advanced  architecture expertise, experts still can't explain the puzzle of the construction techniques of those tall and solemn temples with red clays and bricks built by Champa thousands of years ago.

My parents came from Tangshan.  After settling down in Nha Trang, they sought a livelihood in a shop named Ying He Hall ran by one of my uncles.  Ying He Hall was a big building with two storeys, three storefronts in total,  which has been the landmark of Nha Trang, even till today.  Later on, my father opened a grocery store--Quan He, deciding to put his heart into the profitable business.  In 1960's, if you had never heard about Quan He, then you were not a Nha Tranger.

我從小幫父親做生意,雜貨生意,在市場對面,公走過婆走來,柴米油鹽醬醋茶,總要買一些。父親常跟客人說,誰說奸商,無商不奸,不奸不成商,可是全和號賺的,而且大賺老實錢。
年晚雜貨店生意好得不得了,尤其是送禮的糖果、乾餅、酒水,包包紮紮,我們幾個小兄弟姐妹也團團轉幫上一點忙。
I grew up helping my father with his business. Our grocery shop was on the opposite side of a supermarket, providing convenience to everyone. We carried a variety of goods: firewood, rice, oil, salt, sauce, vinegar and tea. Everything you could think of for daily life usage, you could find in our shop.  My father always said to his customers:  who said that  all the businessmen are profiteers?  We Quan He made big money honestly.  We were extremely busy at the of the year. Products such as candies, cookies and wine were especially in a great demand during that particular period of time.  My siblings and I were around in the store doing this and that, such as wrapping products for customers.   

過年節,休假後一般店子都擇個吉日開張,有的遲至農曆元月十五以後。全和卻不擇吉日,都在初八開張,而初二父母親帶着一群兒女去幾公里外的婆廟拜神祈福。幾個小孩子愛熱鬧,在山丘上到處走,而廟後的兩塊石碑我卻看那些看不懂的方塊字很着迷,而到了幾十年後我變了老頭子還去研究那些碑文,而要照安南右協辨大學士領禮部尚書潘清簡的碑文叫天依仙女塔。

婆廟,天依仙女塔永遠留在我的回憶裏,加上父母兄弟姐妹的愛,芽莊的愛。
民一〇二•一二•一四堤岸
After spring festival, stores usually  chose a lucky day to open again,  and some even postponed the opening day after the fifth day of January on the lunar calendar.  Quan He didn't do as everyone else. We opened on the January 8th on time every year, rain or shine. On the second day of January, my parents took my siblings and me to do obeisance for blessings before goddesses at the Champa temples which are a few kilometers away from where we lived.  Children were always fond of having fun. We ran and played everywhere on the hills,  I then found and was charmed by inscriptions on the two stone tablets behind one of those temples, which I had no idea what they were talking about. Several decades later, after I have turned into an old man,  I am still curious about what exactly those inscriptions are referring to.  Finally, I learned that  based on the inscriptions of Mr. Phan Thanh Giản, a Vietnamese official, a former ministry of rites, those words engraved on the two stone tablets are called Bonarga.  

Champa temples and the Bonarga will always live on in my memory, plus the love from my parents, my brothers and sisters, and the love from Nha Trang.

In the West Bank,  December 14th, 2013

Translator: Xiaoman

2015-12-31 16:10
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

一(敬啟者)贈閱謝振煜著俳句「春香湖」
謝振煜著日本俳句體詩「春香湖」胡志明市平西日用品製作公司尤凱成董事長、堤岸穗城會館理事會贊助出版,回饋社會,贈送讀者,越南境內電話0903814039謝振煜或電郵tcduc06@yahoo.com寄書,外國自付郵費10美元。(谢振煜Facebook)
http://www.banjuan.org/hw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=393

第 1 幅

2016-1-6 07:58
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

2016-1-14 12:31
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

New Year's Eve ... LOL!!    作者: Hairball 毛球

Our pastor came to our home for New Year's Eve dinner and board games. He had lost his wife over the summer and they had no children.

Our neighbor is staying with us. She had an unfortunate issue with a used gas stove and a brother-in-law who messed up the connection. That resulted in half her kitchen being blown up and part of her garage.

She is staying with us until her home is repaired.

However, she had inherited her older brother's African Grey/parrot/buzzard creature. Her brother worked in the merchant marines, and when he passed, she got this feathered fiend.

This is the most foul-mouthed parrot I have ever seen. First of all, his name is PeckerHead. Second, he hates everyone.

Our pastor comes in, and the first thing PeckerHead says is, "What the @#$%&!! do you want?!"

He looked at PeckerHead, and replied, "Why the @#$%&!! are you asking me? Shut the @#$%&!! up!!"

Apparently no one had ever talked back to that parrot/buzzard.

We still haven't heard a word from PeckerHead.

除夕之夜我們的牧師來我们家共聚晚餐和玩棋盤遊戲。他的妻子在今年夏天去世了,他们俩沒有孩子。

我們的鄰居跟我們住一起。很不幸地,她使用燃氣灶的时候,她妹夫把煤气灶电源接驳搞错了,结果她半个厨房和部分车房被炸飞了。

她在我们家住直到她房子修好为止。

然而,她繼承了她哥哥的非洲灰/鸚鵡/秃鹰生物。她的哥哥曾在商船队工作,在他去世后,这个長著羽毛的惡魔就留给她了。
這是我所見過的最滿嘴髒話的鸚鵡。首先,他的名字是啄木鳥頭, 其次,这家伙恨所有的人。

我們的牧師進來的时候,啄木鳥頭 說的第一句話是,“你XXX想怎样?”

牧师看著啄木鳥頭,回答說:  “為什麼 @# $%&!! 你問我嗎? 閉上你的臭嘴!!"

很顯然地,从来沒有人跟那只鸚鵡/禿鷹这样讲过话。

啄木鳥頭闭嘴到现在。

Translator: Xiaoman
Jan. 15, 2016

加拿大鹰语俱乐部

2016-1-15 22:21
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

我的新书“著名英诗100首汉译”共310页,选了21位top 50诗人的作品作翻译,即将在越南印刷出版。谢谢各位朋友关注和点击我的帖子,届时我会发帖报道详情,祝您周末愉快!

2016-1-15 23:29
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

以下是徐老师英译的【故都的秋】读者评论。 (抱歉文章帖在只有会员才能查看的版面。 上个世纪的郁达夫先生的好文被当今徐英才先生神来之笔翻译得准确,传神,浑然(至少我是这样认为,学英语人士可中英对照地学,文法,译法解释很清楚),西方读者读后很向往去中国玩。  读者说:“。。。我總是想在秋天到中國去,現在你和你的朋友们让无法忍住不去。”  这是上世纪的文章,那时中国还木有雾霭? )

Likes Transcender liked this post

Today, 22:13 #2  

bdcharles

bdcharles is online now Member  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date:Jul 2015Location:In a far-distant otherworld.Posts:125LOL (Given):5LOL (Received):8Likes (Given):18Likes (Received):36Thanks (Given):19Thanks (Received):24  

Translation or no, this is absolutely gorgeous. What could be finer, I wonder, than declaiming to the season beneath browning shades of the Ailanthus tree? Or, oh God, stick me in the Imperial Gardens, or cut me adrift down the Grand Canal. I've always wanted to go to China in the Fall; now you and your friends have made it more unbearable.

第 1 幅

2016-1-16 18:10
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

转贴这里,公众可以看到了:http://www.writingforums.com/threads/162906-Autumn-in-My-Old-Capital?p=1953429#post1953429

中英对照在这里。文法解释,译法解释很清楚:http://www.backchina.com/blog/358517/article-241613.html

2016-1-16 19:51
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

Studied,增译。

第 1 幅

2016-1-17 16:13
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

请路老师指导,翻译散文该看那些翻译理论指导书? 谢谢你!

具体我想问:什么时候应该减译? 因为我看见有“增译”

如果在口译里,翻译可以选择不译吗?  我意思是,如果双方吵架,相争没好话, 翻译在枪林弹雨里怎样翻译火爆的话?

2016-1-17 23:29
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

徐英才

小曼好,

按了你的link,看到writingforums上在搞 “Fiery Glow" 月赛,已经过期,不过我还是写了一首自娱。就贴在这里。

Fiery Glow

Fiery glow
Some say the sun emits
I'd say the moon does
Fiery glow has to heat
But to me the sun does nothing like that
Every time I look at the moon
My heart warms
At the thought of our first date

Jan 16, 2016

2016-1-18 09:38
博客  资料  信箱 短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

““茅房”即厕所。本文没有把这个“厕所”译成表示厕所的英文字bathroom,restroom等等,而译作thatched huts。这里用的是“委婉语”(euphemism)修辞法。所谓“委婉语”,就是把某东西说得好听些。比如把school说成academy,把fat说成 chubby或者plump,把homeless说成 on the streets等等。译文在这里采取委婉语是不想把枣子这种水果跟厕所联系起来,从而给读者一个不雅的联想。 ”

这个委婉语解释很好。 我原先考虑Outhouse, 但Outhouse还是厕所。

2016-1-18 09:40
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

引用:
Originally posted by at 2016-1-18 09:38:
小曼好,

按了你的link,看到writingforums上在搞 “FieryGlow" 月赛,已经过期,不过我还是写了一首自娱。就贴在这里。

Fiery Glow

Fiery glow
Some say the sun emits
I'd say the moon does

哈哈!不好意思路老师,我刚刚从Outhouse的思想走出来,就看到您这首。很好,我转贴到Poetry坛。

使君才气卷波澜。与把好诗再译
2016-1-18 09:47
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

2016-1-18 11:28
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

徐英才

引用:
Originally posted by Xiaoman at 2016-1-18 11:28:
Fiery Glow
帖这里: http://www.writingforums.com/threads/162921-Winter-Here?p=1953936&posted=1#post1953936

小曼, some say the sun emits 上面一行少了 Fiery glow,它是emits 的宾语。

2016-1-18 11:48
博客  资料  信箱 短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

oh, got it. Fixed.

I feel bad for the simple mistakes I made on my work Winter Here. But I am happy now since they pointed them out although I don't agree with Ned on changing "is gone" into "has gone"

2016-1-18 12:26
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

徐英才

Where is it?

2016-1-18 13:26
博客  资料  信箱 短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

here, yours is the second last one. I think I created a new thread for your post but somehow now it is  under mine.  weird:

http://www.writingforums.com/threads/162921-Winter-Here?p=1953936&posted=1#post1953936

2016-1-18 13:32
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

徐英才

is already gone 过去分词做表语表状态,完全可以。

2016-1-18 13:51
博客  资料  信箱 短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

引用:
Originally posted by at 2016-1-18 13:51:
is already gone 过去分词做表语表状态,完全可以。

谢谢.

使君才气卷波澜。与把好诗再译
2016-1-18 16:45
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

徐英才英译【故都的秋】 评论更新(2)
http://www.writingforums.com/threads/162848-Autumn-in-My-Old-Capital?p=1959355#post1959355
(我贴错了,在会员版,非会员可能看不到)

1)Translation or no, this is absolutely gorgeous. What could be finer, I wonder, than declaiming to the season beneath browning shades of the Ailanthus tree? Or, oh God, stick me in the Imperial Gardens, or cut me adrift down the Grand Canal. I've always wanted to go to China in the Fall; now you and your friends have made it more unbearable.  

2)

With the autumnal theme and the beautiful style throughout, this work could well be considered a sonnet. I thoroughly enjoyed reading these observations of the authors views on autumn in both the southern and northern regions of China. China has always remained something of a mysterious entity to me. It sets there on the face of our planet, a country of billions, it's government appearing, at least to this uninformed observer, standoffish at best. A country Americans once looked upon as a threat. with their nuclear tipped missiles and the willingness to use them, if you listened to the rhetoric coming from various representatives of the Communist government. In 2016, China appears to be a contributing member of the world of nations, happy to live in peace. Eager to trade in both commodities, ideals and ideas. I would like to believe the United States along with the rest of Western civilization share the love and enjoyment of autumnal musings, autumnal blooming, if not of a botanical bent perhaps more of a human one. Love, understanding, tolerance in our interactions with other peoples whether on the global stage or one on one. We all share this tiny sphere we call earth. Our global habitation increases at unprecedented rates. What generations will at last discover our land mass cannot sustain our human populations and sustain the beasts that feed us? What generations will, with amazement and shattering surprise discover our Earth is inadequate for survival of .... cf

翻译第一句:With the autumnal theme and the beautiful style throughout, this work could well be considered a sonnet.  这个秋季的主题与优美的风格完全可以被视作为一首十四行诗般的佳作)

2016-1-30 20:43
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

第 1 幅

2016-1-30 20:53
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

感谢虔谦老师:

去年春天我收到美国华裔作家虔歉女士赠书 "不能讲的故事 " 特此致谢!  
“街心舞女”英译是我和虔歉(曾明路老师)合作翻译的第一部小说。北大才女虔歉中英俱佳,作品弘扬真善美,思想正面,积极,是我很欣赏的一位作家。她的著作【我家的保姆和装修工】是有关越南华人的故事,很感人温馨的故事。她也给我不少指导,谢谢虔谦老师!

阅读详情: http://www.backchina.com/blog/358517/article-242734.html#ixzz3yn7MPOgD
http://www.backchina.com/blog/358517/article-242734.html

2016-1-30 23:02
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

艺高人胆小

砰砰砰,砰砰砰... 我被一阵急速的敲门声和门铃声吓了一跳。这个时候会是谁呢?外面天黑了,而且风大雨大。莫非是杰西和爸爸忘记了什么东西要回头拿?我毫不犹豫地抓起走廊角落处的拖把,拖着拖把我跑到侧门去查看,我以为敲门声来自侧门。可是没看见有人,侧门却是大开着,风雨飘摇入门内。我把门关上急忙跑到正门去,并打开屋外走廊的灯。透过玻璃门我看到一个女人带着两只狗站在那里,我认出她是附近的一个居民。我松了一口气,打开门,“hi你好!”我说,那个女人说,“你好!我敲门的原因是想提醒你,你的侧门大开着呢。” 啊,这人真是好。我笑了,说:“非常感谢你! 我刚刚关上了。” 我忘了她叫什么名字, 夏天时我和她聊过两次。我名为艺高,胆子却很小。
Bang! Bang! Bang! ...!  A loud and rapid series of knocks at the door and bell ring sounds at the same time really freaked me out.  Who would that be at this point?  It was pitch dark outside, and it rained heavily with great gust of winds. Would that be Jessie and Dad? They might forget something and now came back for it. Without hesitation I grabbed the mop at the corner of the hallway and rushed toward the side door, wanting to see who was there.  I thought the knocks were from the side door, but I was wrong. I saw nobody there except the wide open door. Rain and wind swirled in furiously. I closed the door in no time and rushed to the front door. As I turned on the light for the balcony, through the glass door I saw a woman with two dogs standing in rain. I breathed a sigh of relief. I know her. ..

文/小曼
Jan. 28, 2016

2016-1-31 00:08
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

徐英才英译【故都的秋】 评论更新(3)
http://www.writingforums.com/thr ... 1959355#post1959355

第三个评论来自Dreamwox95:

“Hi xiaoman, this is a really gorgeous, atmospheric piece. I really enjoy your way of showing autumn through all of the senses. I agree that a lot of Western European poets have gushed about autumn in their work. Everyone experiences the seasons differently. I enjoyed reading your experience. The lyrical prose fits the subject. It's almost like a scientific observation journal but much more poetic. ”

翻译第一句: Hi xiaoman, this is a really gorgeous, atmospheric piece 嗨小曼,这篇真是华章,是一篇有气魄的著作。

第 1 幅

2016-1-31 01:55
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

第三个评论好像误会了我是翻译者,我一会儿去澄清一下。要我去冒名顶替你现在恐怕还不行,哈哈,我不是艺高,但同样比较胆小。

我转来的这个三个评论,(我相信他们是英语为第一语言的人士) 都是外国读者阅读习惯的角度去评论你的译作。 谢谢你另一个贴的关于Generic Nouns的文法指导。

2016-1-31 02:06
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

我看到了,有人对你的书评论没有提出支持论据,很不负责,你应该让他/她来看看西方读者对你译文,英语表达的评论,我猜他/她应该看不懂你诗一般优美的译文(读者原话)才会写那样的话。 再次多谢你一直以来的鼓励,指导和帮助。  我刚刚接到翻译任务,是翻译小说, 将会比较忙。顺祝老师猴年新年万事如意!我去花果山找大师兄庆祝,可能晚点才回来。你保重。哈哈!:)顺便一说,今年加拿大水果蔬菜都加价,我去花果山恐怕得准备十几个shopping bags或考虑开一辆大truck.

2016-1-31 03:40
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

我把外国网友给徐英才老师【故都的秋】的译文评论放在一起,方便大家阅读:

(1)Translation or no, this is absolutely gorgeous. What could be finer, I wonder, than declaiming to the season beneath browning shades of the Ailanthus tree? Or, oh God, stick me in the Imperial Gardens, or cut me adrift down the Grand Canal. I've always wanted to go to China in the Fall; now you and your friends have made it more unbearable.  

(2) With the autumnal theme and the beautiful style throughout, this work could well be considered a sonnet. I thoroughly enjoyed reading these observations of the authors views on autumn in both the southern and northern regions of China. China has always remained something of a mysterious entity to me. It sets there on the face of our planet, a country of billions, it's government appearing, at least to this uninformed observer, standoffish at best. A country Americans once looked upon as a threat. with their nuclear tipped missiles and the willingness to use them, if you listened to the rhetoric coming from various representatives of the Communist government. In 2016, China appears to be a contributing member of the world of nations, happy to live in peace. Eager to trade in both commodities, ideals and ideas. I would like to believe the United States along with the rest of Western civilization share the love and enjoyment of autumnal musings, autumnal blooming, if not of a botanical bent perhaps more of a human one. Love, understanding, tolerance in our interactions with other peoples whether on the global stage or one on one. We all share this tiny sphere we call earth. Our global habitation increases at unprecedented rates. What generations will at last discover our land mass cannot sustain our human populations and sustain the beasts that feed us? What generations will, with amazement and shattering surprise discover our Earth is inadequate for survival of .... cf

(3)
“Hi xiaoman, this is a really gorgeous, atmospheric piece. I really enjoy your way of showing autumn through all of the senses. I agree that a lot of Western European poets have gushed about autumn in their work. Everyone experiences the seasons differently. I enjoyed reading your experience. The lyrical prose fits the subject. It's almost like a scientific observation journal but much more poetic. ”

2016-1-31 11:24
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

读者应该如何写评论? 我认为,无论好还是坏,你必须提出论据去支持你的论点才有说服力。譬如楼上这几位读者,他们认为译文是富有诗意的,文笔优美的好文,他们提出论点后进一步谈原因,体会,为什么享受阅读本文,譬如“ With the autumnal theme and the beautiful style throughout, this work could well be considered a sonnet. I thoroughly enjoyed reading these observations of the authors views on autumn in both the southern and northern regions of China. ”

给出不好的评论的时候,读者也得提出论据, 像这个  “菩提不做夢“在徐老师卖书栏下给出他对译文负面的体会的时候却不给出论据,是不负责任的行为:

” 2015-11-02  译注把读者基本当国内的初中生,还有些讹误,包括英文多处。 国外生活那么多年,这样的英译文,有错有生硬处(有些完全是中文思维。且译得太直),不孚众望。”

链接: http://book.douban.com/subject/26225977/

一般来说作者和译者不可能只期待好评, 但作为读者,给出负面评论的时候没有给出论据, 有打压,贬损,生怕作者的书畅销的嫌疑。

2016-1-31 11:44
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

2016-1-31 19:30
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

Clicks 点击

In order to attract clicks,
I gave my post a like.
But by the time I come back to fix,
the clicks I have are still six.

为了增加点击率,
我给我的帖子点了一个赞。
但到我回去修改的时候
点击仍然只是6.

(寻寻觅觅,冷冷清清,凄凄惨惨戚戚,蓦然回首仍然只是6个点击, 失望)
Feb.1, 2016

2016-2-1 16:26
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

2016-2-1 17:24
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

我在这个链接里加了【英译中国经典散文选】书评:
http://book.douban.com/subject/26225977/

2016-2-1 22:50
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

加拿大准翻译家(They call me this just for fun)刘小曼2016年2月1号荣登豆瓣:
http://www.douban.com/note/538090371/
首篇日记:【陋室铭英译】下篇【咆哮山庄】汉译选段。

2016-2-1 23:48
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

【读者应该如何写评论?】链接:http://book.douban.com/subject/26225977/discussion/613126957/
(我把我的一些文字贴在海外越华社区bacebook和中国大陆社区,有时简体和繁体忘了互换,敬请读者谅解~~)

2016-2-2 08:07
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

Xiaoman

One more  good comment on Autumn in My Old Capital:  【故都的秋】另一个好评 (4):

http://www.writingforums.com/threads/162906-Autumn-in-My-Old-Capital?p=1953429#post1953429 (非会员区) 如果不是看到那个“菩提不做夢”对徐先生的书毫无根据的别有用心的恶评,我不会贴这些出来。 同样的文章,英语读者读着是享受,而那人读着是痛苦,应该与文章的行文流畅,自然,优美没有关系,是那个人的理解能力有问题然后做出不负责任的评论。

第 1 幅

2016-2-2 16:03
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

廖康

比一比吧。海外逸士尽管会假装没看见,他心里应该惭愧。嘴硬,不肯承认而已。

2016-2-2 16:21
博客  资料  短信   编辑  引用

« 上一主题 纪实录 下一主题 »
<< 1 2  >>